Gently hand extracted from the nut of the Shea (Karite ) Tree and rich in vitamins and nutrients, Shea Butter has been used by West Africans for various task ranging from cooking to skin and hair care for ages. The secret simply is the multiple vitamins and minerals packed in every drop of Shea butter, a few being vitamin A,vitamin E vitamin F as well as essential fatty acids and antioxidants.
Vitamins A and E help maintain the skin and keep it clear and healthy. They are particularly helpful for sun damaged skin. They help prevent premature wrinkles and facial lines. Vitamin F acts as a skin protector and rejuvenator. It soothes rough, dry or chapped skin and helps soften dry or damaged hair. Shea Butter is high in unsaponifiables (a type of fat). Shea Butter has between 7-12% unsaponifiables. For comparison, avocado oil, a well known skin conditioner, has between 2-6%. This high level of unsaponifiables is one of the properties that makes Shea Butter so invaluable in treating the conditions listed above. Also, Shea Butter easily penetrates the skin allowing the skin to breathe and not clogging pores. Shea Butter has a high level of cinnamic acid, a natural sun screen. So, it provides some degree of protection from the sun. Shea Butter is also anti-inflammatory making it useful in treating rheumatism.
- Helps heal scars, burns, and bruises and stretch marks.
- Prevents rough skin, chapping, and skin rashes.
- Eliminating scalp irritation from dryness or chemical processing
- Protects the scalp from sores and rashes and prevents dandruff.
- Helps prevent weak hair from breaking, fading, or thinning out.
- Reducing acne (especially in combination with a good cleanser)
- Daily skin moisturizer (face and body)
- Helpful in even skin tone
- Restores luster to hair
- Fortifies cuticles and nails.
- Helps prevent skin irritation for babies: used for generations to help babies sleep better.
- Use after shaving to prevent irritation and restore skins natural luster.
- Ideal for dry skin, dermatitis, eczema, and sunburn
- Rejuvenates skin pores and adds elasticity to skin.
- Firms up aging skin and helps clear wrinkles.
- Massage Shea butter into areas affected by join pains, or other muscular ache.